Here’s what my toddler eats on Medical Medium protocols. Hopefully this gives you ideas for healthy eating for your kids.
I’ve gotten a lot of requests asking what my toddler eats on Medical Medium protocols. I’m sharing the most important foods for kids and a sample menu of what she (might) eat in a day.
The Most Important Foods for Kids on Medical Medium Protocols:
The lists below include what my toddler eats on Medical Medium protocols. Be sure to read the notes at the bottom.
- Many different varieties, colors, shapes, forms
- Tons of it! There’s no limit on fruit.
- Fresh, dried & frozen
- Eaten whole or blended in smoothie form
- Again, all different kinds
- White, golden, red, sweet, purple, yams, Japanese sweet
- Cooked in a few fat free ways, usually steamed, baked, or roasted
- Currently, my daughter is not big on eating salads, so I blend them in wherever I can:
- Chopped super fine into mashed potatoes
- Blended into smoothies & sauces/dressings
- I count cucumbers & celery sticks in this category as well, because they also provide mineral salts
Heavy Metal Detox Smoothie
- Personally, I make an extra big batch of the standard recipe and give her about 6-8 oz of it. This may not work or be appropriate for all toddlers. We have gradually worked up to this. Talk to your practitioner about what is safe for your child. If you have questions, you can schedule a pediatric consultation with me here.
- She doesn’t always drink all of it. Occasionally, she doesn’t drink any of it. I always allow her the freedom to choose what her body needs that day. There is never any pressure!
- Right now she drinks about 1-2 oz (sometimes!). Some days she sucks it down and asks for more. Many days she isn’t interested. Again, I honor her autonomy in choosing what her body needs that day.
- If your child won’t drink celery juice, don’t worry about it. You can try cucumber juice instead. Never force, coerce, or bride your child into eating or drinking anything. This can create disordered patterns of eating.
- Lemon or lime water with raw honey
- Fresh juices, especially orange juice
Small Quantities of Healthy Fats
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
- Nut based cheese substitutes
- My toddler also nurses a few times a day at 2 1/2 years old.
- Breast milk is an incredible source of nutrients, hydration, and immune support well into the toddler years.
- It’s also a wonderful way to bond, soothe, and enjoy quiet time with your child.
- Children can safely breastfeed through toddler-hood and beyond (as long as the child and/or mom would like to).
And Then the Other Stuff…
Full disclosure coming at ya! The foundation of my daughter’s diet is based on the foods above, but we regularly eat other foods.
Some are foods my whole family enjoys and help us to find a good balance between healing and living joyfully in the moment.
Others are foods I would prefer that she didn’t eat, but as always, I allow her to choose within limits.
- Chickpea pasta or rice pasta
- Jarred tomato sauce (organic, sugar & oil free)
- Brown rice cakes
- Cassava flour wraps
- Almond flour or gluten free crackers
- Canned refried beans (organic, BPA free)
Eating Out, Parties, Social Events:
- When we’re out, I always pack healthy options and middle of the road substitutes for the worst food. Check out my products page for some of my favorite, clean packaged goods.
- I offer those substitutes (without any pressure) and allow her to choose what she wants.
- This means that sometimes she eats french fries, regular pizza with the cheese taken off, vegan cupcakes, gluten free bread, fish, meat, and foods that are not free of the Medical Medium “no” foods.
- I don’t stress about this AT ALL. (Ok, most of the time I don’t stress. The rest of the time, I work really hard not to and call in all the Angelic support I need!) Remaining in a positive mindset is critical for healing. Stressing and trying to control everything your child eats will not help them heal (or you!).
Sample Menu for Medical Medium Kids
This is not a recommended meal plan, just a sample of what I may offer my unique child in a day.
|Breakfast||Heavy metal detox smoothie (modify as needed)|
|Snack||Melon & grapes|
|Lunch||Mashed golden potatoes with spinach & avocado|
Blueberry chia muffin
Fresh orange juice
|Snack||Apple slices, dates, cucumber|
|Dinner||Chickpea pasta with tomato sauce & broccoli blended in|
Lemon balm tea with raw honey
Implementing Medical Medium Protocols is a Gradual Process
If this is a far cry from what your child currently eats, don’t worry. Focus on gradually transitioning in new foods.
Most children need 7-8 exposures to a new food before they will accept it, so just keep offering without pressuring.
Modeling & educating are powerful tools to help your children expand their food horizons. Getting them involved in cooking and food prepping will also help tremendously.
Remember that eating doesn’t have to be perfect for healing to occur. The body is incredibly resilient, especially children’s bodies. If you’re looking for guidance in healing yourself & your family, I offer many options to support you, including pediatric consults, pediatric group courses, and 6 month 1:1 packages.
Healing can happen and it can be simpler than you think. No stress is the key to success!