In this post, you’ll learn all about the root chakra and sacral chakra, including the oils and crystals that promote healing and balance to these energy centers.
Everything is energy.
In our bodies, we have seven primary energy centers called the chakras. The term chakra means wheel of light, and these seven wheels run down the midline of the body.
As energetic beings, when we begin to learn about and work with the chakras, then we can harness their power.
Journeying Through the Chakras
In these videos, you’ll learn:
- What aspects of self each chakra governs
- How to assess if these energy centers are out of balance
- How to heal and begin to restore balance to the chakras
- What crystals & essential oils are supportive of each individual chakra
Each of these individual energy centers holds a unique vibration and frequency that resonates with different aspects of the human condition.
Understanding the energetic systems of the body will help you to begin to master energetic sovereignty. When the energy flow in the body is clean and clear, manifesting the life you desire becomes dramatically easier.
All About the Root Chakra
The root chakra sits at the base of the spine. The color is red, and the element is earth.
Often during meditations, we send a grounding cord from the root chakra to the earth. This promotes safety, security, and connection to the earth.
When we have zero connection, then we struggle. You can’t be satisfied at higher levels unless the root chakra is satisfied.
Out of Balance Root Chakra
When your root chakra is out of balance, the following things could come up:
- Lack of trust
- Fear that basic needs will not be met (including money)
- Ungrounded family wounds
- Making choices out of fear
- Feeling unsafe
In Balance Root Chakra
When your root chakra is balanced, you’ll feel:
- Profoundly connected to nature and community
- Fully grounded
- Complete trust in the Universe and the greater plan
- Flexible and in-flow
- A knowingness that we will always be provided for
- Feelings of safety
- Connection to our ancestors
Ask yourself. Do I feel unbalanced? Do I feel balanced? Is this a short term thing or a long-standing energetic pattern? As you work on your chakras, you’ll work into a long-standing energetic pattern.
The life lesson of the root chakra is to feel safe and secure in the 3-D world and to manifest our basic needs.
Causes of Energy Blocks in the Root Chakra
Fear and guilt are usually the culprits of energy blocks in the first chakra.
Body Parts Associated with the Root Chakra
The fear that can get stuck in the root chakra can affect the adrenals. The adrenals can then release stress hormones, triggering anxiety, hair loss, and ulcers. This toxic adrenaline can damage the body.
If you are having a certain symptom, ask yourself how it relates to fear. What fears come with this?
- Base of spine
- Immune system
- Large intestine
Crystals for the Root Chakra
Each crystal has a unique vibration, a unique structure. There is sacred geometry within each crystal that emits a vibration, and that vibration is brought into our space.
Black stones are great for the root chakra. Here is a list of crystals that can help heal the root chakra:
- Black tourmaline
- Tiger’s Eye
- Red Jasper
Essential oils hold the vibration of the plant they came from. Their healing properties are amazing. Here are my favorites for the root chakra:
- Vetiver – Very grounding oil
- Patchouli – Helps us to come back in the body
- Spikenard – Oil of Gratitude
The most powerful affirmations for the root chakra begin with “I am.”
- I am safe, secure, and protected.
- I am fully trusting in my connection to the divine.
A few more beautiful affirmations are:
- I am a beautiful soul having a human experience, and I am held by the energy of Mother Gaia.
- I am love.
Whatever your fears are – take an inventory and write the opposite. If you are afraid, then your affirmation will be I am safe and confident.
If you are feeling disconnected, then use I am connected spiritually.
All About the Sacral Chakra
The chakra sacral is the second chakra, and it is two inches below the naval. The color is orange, and the element is water.
The sacral chakra is all about vitality – not just surviving but learning and beginning to thrive. It is connected to self-gratification, relationships on a one-to-one level, and reproduction and sexuality.
Out of Balance Sacral Chakra
When your sacral chakra is out of balance, you could feel the following things:
- Cut off from emotions (disconnect from Divine Feminine)
- Lack of pleasure
- Holding unprocessed anger and resentment
- Stifled creativity
- Relationship issues
- Issues with money & abundance (difficulty receiving)
- Overemphasis on material goods or no abundance at all
The sacral chakra can be overactive or underactive. Most of the above list falls within underactive. In an overactive sacral chakra, you could be hypersexual, seeking connections or a relationship without equal energy, or creating wealth from a place of lack. This center is very prone to be under or overactive.
In Balance Sacral Chakra
- Flow of creative expression
- In touch with pleasure
- Able to share & express emotions in healthy ways
- Healthy relationships
- Clairsentience empowering empathy (without taking others’ problems on)
- Use the emotions to connect to ourselves and others without losing ourselves
- To freely express our creative & emotional sexual energy in a healthy way
- Balancing the masculine & feminine energies
Causes of Energy Blocks
The following can be causes of energy blocks in the sacral chakras:
- Sexual abuse
- Gender issues
Body Parts Associated with the Sacral Chakra
The following parts of your body can be affected with out-of-balance sacral chakras:
- Ovaries & testicles
- Lower vertebrae
Crystals for the Sacral Chakra
Citrine is a wonderful stone for abundance! A lot of the sacral chakra crystals are orange:
Essential Oils for the Sacral Chakra
- Ylang ylang
Affirmations for the Sacral Chakra
Affirmations are such a powerful means to healing. Sacral chakra affirmations begin with “I feel…”
- I feel abundant, healthy, and supported.
- I feel love.
As you are healing, think of a ball of yarn that you are trying to unravel. When a knot comes up, you work through each knot at a time. That’s what we are doing as we are healing.
Additionally, remember to also go to your prayer. “Help me help myself. Send me my next teacher, send me my next book, send me whatever I need to move through to heal.” This is such a powerful step!
Be sure to stayed tuned for the next two parts of the chakra series!