You can put just about any veggie in to create a healing broth, but here is my favorite version. Feel free to add your favorite vegetables or those that are most healing for you. I often save the trimmings of vegetables in the freezer to throw in my healing broth and bulk it up. You may choose to eat the vegetables if you'd like, but the majority of their healing properties and nutrients have been given to the liquid.
- 4 whole carrots, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 whole onions, chopped
- 4 whole tomatoes, chopped (or 2 cups tomato puree - look for a brand like Bionaturae in glass, free of citric acid)
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 6-8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped (or 2 Tbsp dried)
- 1 tsp kelp powder or other sea vegetable (see products page for my preferred brands)
- 8 cups filtered water (see notes about water filtration in my recipe for lemon/lime water)
Add water and all the ingredients to a large stock pot.
Bring to a gentle boil.
Turn down the heat and allow to simmer for about 1 hour.
Alternatively, this can be done in the Instant Pot. Set your pot to pressure cook, low pressure for about 3 minutes.