- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package rice noodles (optional, substitute a steamed sweet potato to go grain free)
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos (Coconut Secret brand is my favorite!)
- 1/4 cup lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (or sub 1/2 tsp dried cilantro)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp cayenne (optional, omit if you don't like spicy)
- 3 scallions, chopped
Lightly steam the vegetables. My suggested veggies are above, but you can use almost any kind of vegetable. This is a great recipe for using up whatever vegetables you have left in your fridge.
Cook the rice noodles according the directions on the package. Omit the rice noodles to make this a grain free recipe.
Mix the coconut aminos, lime juice, garlic powder, cilantro, maple syrup, and cayenne in a bowl.
Place the rice noodles (or sweet potato) on a plate. Top with steamed veggies. Dress with the coconut aminos mixture. Top with fresh scallions and enjoy!
What is coconut aminos?
It is a gluten free, soy free, non-GMO substitute for soy sauce. It can be found at most grocery stores, or you can order it here on Amazon. Coconut aminos can be used as a dressing, marinade, saute, or with sushi.