Here’s how to make the most delicious and creamiest Vegan Mushroom Alfredo Sauce.
Sometimes it’s tough to refrain from eating your former favorite foods.
Well, that is no longer a problem with this creamy alfredo sauce!
Vegan Mushroom Alfredo Sauce
This vegan alfredo sauce is made with mushrooms, cauliflower, and a few other ingredients. And, you will no longer miss the dairy in alfredo sauce.
It’s low-fat and it’s free of the “no” foods. It’s even savory and satisfying, even with the healthiest ingredients!
You can make it for you husband or wife – or for you guests, and they will probably never suspect it is dairy-free.
If you are looking to make it even healthier, you can eat it over zoodles, which are zucchini “noodles.” Or butternut squash or a grain-free pasta like Banza chickpea or Felicia green pea pasta.
Additionally, you could also eat it as a soup.
No matter how you eat it, you can’t go wrong with this creamy vegan mushroom alfredo sauce!
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup water (use the leftover water from steaming the cauliflower)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt or sea salt
1. Steam cauliflower florets until they are mushy to the touch. (Over cooking is helpful.)
2. Heat a saute pan & add coconut oil.
3. Saute garlic until golden and fragrant. Remove from pan & set aside.
4. Add mushrooms to the pan & saute until softened. Add a little water as needed to prevent sticking. (Avoid adding additional oil to keep your dish low fat & your liver happy.)
5. When done sauteing, add cauliflower, water, garlic and salt into a blender. Blend until smooth.
6. Stir in mushrooms by hand until well combined.
Recipe adapted from: Megan Gilmore.
More Healthy Recipes
Last, if you are looking for more vegan recipes that are adapted from less healthy dishes, be sure to check out my whole recipe collection.